Panasonic original V1.12 firmware update:
My firmware manipulation tool
We need you to test some parameters of update procedures
1) Place prool.zip and GH1__V12.zip inside one folder.
2) Extract both archives and delete zip files.
3) Now you must have five files - ptool.exe, make1.bat, make2.bat, make3.bat, GH1___112.BIN
4) Run make1.bat (minimal risk version patch, firmware are touched only at the digest part)
5) Copy resulted GH1___113.BIN to SD card and follow firmware update instructions from Panasonic.
6) Send here results.
7) Make same things from 4) with make2.bat and make3.bat.
Info for experts :-)
ptool.exe gh1_112.bin gh1_113.bin -vdt
Makes new encoded binary file and applies three patches (remove any characters from parameter to apply less patches)
-d Makes bad digest - Lowers risk
- t Simple one char text patch, makes SUNSITIVITY :-) - I don't see much risk here
-v Patching version number in three places
Please, note that you must change firmware name to GH1___113.BIN
1) Try to load firmware by just changing name
2) Apply digest and/or text patches, try again.
3) Most probably nothing changes until version patch will be applied.
Update must show some error if digest is really checked.
If update runs smoothly without checking digest we can save many hours.
Report each and every step and photo screen in case of error.
P.S. As always, no one can quarantee that you camera will work after this :-) But I do not touched any code, so all must be ok, just error messages at initial update phase.
P.P.S. This will not improve your camera in any way, this is just for research purposes.